The concept of patrons deities (or other divinities such as Daemons, spirits, ect…) is an interest of mine for some inexplicable reason. As such I was wondering if some of you wouldn’t mind answering these questions I have and perhaps spark a dialog on these topics as well.
1. How do you define the patron deity relationship within the confines of your individual path?
2. How do you feel the average pagan defines the patron deity relationship if it differs from 1?
3. What is your opinion on the place of the patron relationship within the greater context of both your path and paganism in general
4. Why do you feel patron relationships are popular within paganism?
5. Do you feel that this type of relationship is over emphasized, neutral, or under emphasized?
6. Do you personally have a patron deity, what type of relationship do you have with this “entity”, and how important is this relationship to you in your daily life.
I thank you for your time and thought ahead of time. Also if you feel you can only answer one or two of these feel free just to answer those or if you have ideas not relating to these questions as well. I want to gather as much information possible!
x-posted in various places, I apologies if you see it more than once.